Medical education at the University of Valencia for graduates of Russian schools

My questions:
I am Egor Kugno, a 15-year-old pupil of the 9th grade in Moscow school.
I have a small website — / where I write about my studies, exams and publish various answers from Russian ministries (about paying for studies abroad, transferring money for studies and so on)
The first 7 years I studied in an ordinary (good) Moscow school, had additional classes in biology (microbiology) and chemistry; last year I passed through the competition entrance exams to Chemical School #1501 — #10 in the rating of Moscow schools (it is approximately #30 among ALL schools in Russia). The school chemistry was very good — 6 hours a week, all year round (the standard in Russia is 2 hours a week, now there is no chemistry at all in humanities classes), but everything else, except chemistry, was not very good, and I went to 9th grade to school at the Higher School of Economics — (through entrance exams, of course) — where chemistry is a bit less, but everything else is much better)
Although I am still studying 2.5 years, I started researching universities of the world — to understand where I can go to study, what requirements I have to meet, whether to study languages other than English and Spanish that I am studying now at school, and of course — whether my parents will be able to pay for my education.
At the moment I am most interested in medicine (pathology, chemotherapy and hematology), chemistry (more like laboratory management) and pharmacy (more like managing science and research in a pharmaceutical company, but of course with a full understanding of what scientists do, and with a deep knowledge of biochemistry).
Right now I am studying primarily medical education, as it is the most complicated, expensive, there is a lot of information and it is the hardest to find.
Later I will gather information about chemical and pharmaceutical education.
I checked out your university’s website, but I have a few questions for you:
1. Is it possible to enter your university after I finished my 11 years of school in Russia — or do I need to take another course at a university in Russia?
I am studying English (I will graduate with a C1) and advanced chemistry and biology. Starting next year, our school will have compulsory participation in all the Olympiads in Russia for schoolchildren — all in all, it’s a great school.
But, as I wrote, we are only 11, not 12.
2. Do you have any students from Russia who are studying to be a doctor?
3. Are there any quotas for foreigners to study medicine at your university (and are there any quotas for Russians?)
4. Do I understand correctly — I need to study for 6 years?
5. Does your university have dormitories for students for the entire period of study?
5.1 If there are no dormitories (or there is a five-year waiting list), can the university act as a guarantor when renting accommodation?
6. What is the cost of tuition and living in dormitories and all other expenses per year for studying to be a doctor at your university (I mean education-related expenses — i.e. textbooks, labs, etc. — not including food and transportation, of course).
I know that prices are going up, but the overall costs need to be understood early on.
6.1. are there scholarships for Russians to study and/or live in?
7. What exams do I need to take besides English?
7.1 What language certificates do I need to register?
7.2 Is it possible to study in English?
This is an important question because I know that in most countries medical education is done in the national languages of the respective countries and I think that 2.5-3 years of training in any language is enough for level C1 — if taken seriously.
7.3 Are internal Russian achievements recognized and important (participation in Olympiads, successful passing exams in Russian universities)
8. Is it compulsory to take preparatory and/or language courses at your university before entering university?
9. What is the further procedure of training as a doctor after graduation (postgraduate course, residency, specialization) and obtaining a medical license (if you know)?
10. Will I be able to work after graduation?
11. If training to be a doctor is not possible, please tell me if it is possible to study to be a pharmacist (if you have one) and a chemist (biotechnology, as an option — chemical engineering for pharmacy)
Great if you can indicate in your answer if it is possible to study in English for a chemist or a pharmacist)
P.S. Even though I’m only 15 years old, I’ve started seriously looking for a university to get a good education. I have noticed that many universities put information in PDF format on their websites. This, in my opinion, is very wrong. Not everyone REALLY knows English (French, Chinese….), and such guys, going to a university website and not finding information that can be read in Google Translate, will leave forever and not come back.
Sorry for the unsolicited advice))) — But it would be great to have all the information about the university not only in PDF format, but also as plain text on the websites)))
P.S.2. If you have students from Russia, could you give them my email address or forward them my letter?
I would love to talk to them.
Thank you very much again.
Egor Kugno
Good afternoon,
The access procedure for students from outside the European Union is as follows:
They should request the homologation of foreign studies by the Spanish equivalents, they should be addressed to:
Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
General Technical Secretariat.
Section of Validation of Foreign Non-University Studies.
C/ Los Madrazo, 15 28012-Madrid-Spain.
You can consult the information in the following link:
Second, contact UNED:
You should contact the UNED (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia) at the following link:
Valencian public universities will accept the following certifications that are included in the UNED accreditations:
(a) Certification of the university access grade, as a result of the Convalidation of the student’s baccalaureate grade, obtained in their country of origin.
b) Certification of the grades obtained in the exams of the subjects of the Specific Competences Tests (PCE) taken at the UNED.
They will also be able to access the university without any kind of Access Test. Your baccalaureate grade, which will be validated by the UNED by means of an accreditation, will be a maximum of 6 (UNED access grade = NAUNED).
To increase the admission grade, students can take the Specific Competence Tests (PCE), each student can take a maximum of 6 subjects of the PCE, whichever they are.
Each one of them represents the grade of 10% to be added to the access grade out of 6, so that if a student takes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 subjects, his/her access grade can reach up to 10 points according to the UNED criteria.
These subjects will only add qualification for the access if their grade is equal or higher than 5.
In the following link entering in Access and Admission Requirements, you will find some examples.
In addition and for admission, among the same 6 subjects, 2 will be used for weightings, depending on the subject and the weighting that each subject has in the PCE in our Valencian system of weightings. These subjects will only be weighted for admission if their grade is equal or higher than 5.
You can consult the table of weightings in the following link:
Fifth, I fulfill the prerequisites and I reach the PRE-ENROLMENT:
It is the procedure of application for a place and admission that serves to order by access grade the students who apply for a place in a degree. The Valencian public universities and their affiliated centers do the pre-registration jointly, therefore, each student can only present a single pre-registration to the Valencian university district, in which he/she can apply for a maximum of 20 degrees.
All the information can be consulted in the following link
1.- There are some access and admission requirements (Spanish or Valencian) in the degrees of:
Business Administration and Management (ADE)
Finance and Accounting
Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA)
Double degree Tourism and Business Administration
Double degree Law and Economics
Geography and Environment
*Students from non-Spanish speaking countries and coming from an educational system other than Spanish, will have to prove one of the following two options:
A.- A B2 level in Spanish which must be certified by one of the organizations recognized by ACLES (Association of Language Centers of Higher Education in Spain) and be verified and validated in the accreditation issued by the UNED.
B.- Certificate of Coneixements de Coneixements de Valencià level B2 (Intermedi) of the Universitat de València or any other university of the Valencian Community or the Official Certificate B2 (or higher) of the Junta Qualificadora de la Generalitat Valenciana.
2.- There are access and admission requirements (English) in the degrees of:
Double degree Law and Economics
Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA).
Students must provide an official certification of English language skills at B1 level, however, a B2 level is recommended for a better use of classes taught in English.
We hope this information will be of help to you, and we send you our best regards.
We do not offer any degree that is taught entirely in English.
Yours sincerely,
Admissions Unit — Student Service
University of Valencia

More articles on this country→
This article in Russian→